Hey guys, so Yo Sushi contacted me and asked if I wanted to come along and review the Vegan Food Menu. I popped on the train to Cardiff whilst the game was playing between Scotland and Wales, absolute nightmare of a journey. I then charged the batteries as fast as I could in Starbucks and strutted over to Yo Sushi. I love it when theres a game on I feel so Welsh and proud, vibing off peoples energies. When I got there I had to be waited to be seated because I was super early. I sat down on the side and browsed through the Vegan Menu, the place looked so cute, the kitchen part was in the centre and also the bar, all the seats were purposely sat around the conveyer belt where the food were beautifully displayed. I sat down with a huge table to myself, a father and a daughter one side, and an awkward first date the other. Great. Pretty sure neither want to be in my food videos or photos. I felt very anxious this time, because there were a group of guys, laughing and making me feel uncomfortable. I hate the way we let guys effect us like this. I quickly shrug it off as I sat with them in the background of the Camera so I could keep an eye on what they were doing. Clever way to shut them up, when they know their being recorded! haha.
The head chef was so kind and the whole staff there were super helpful with assisting me on whats the best Vegan option and how to Veganize other things on the menu, but removing Egg and replacing Avocado too! Sure a brilliant idea. There were 19 Vegan options on the menu and I tried about 16 of them. Can you believe it! I was SO stuffed when I finished about 3 hours later…
Here is what I tried from the photo above:
1. These were the Seaweed Spicy Fries, without the Mayo, because thats not Vegan and they were incredible! Thanks to the lovely Waitress for advising me to get them!
2. Fruit Bowl, it was the only Vegan dessert option, not too happy about that to be honest. When you had this beautiful Pink Strawberry Ginza Cake floating past my eyes on the conveyer belt.
3. Kaiso, marinated Seaweed with Su-Miso Sauce, wrapped in Nori. It was Lush!
4. Cucumber Maki, 6 pieces, I could literally eat this ALL day!
5. Yasai Temaki, they are like a wrap form, I think this one had bits of Tofu in it and Avocado, they took out the Egg, on the menu it says Vegetarian.
6. Vegetable Tempura, assorted Vegetables and nori in a Crispy Tempura Batter with a Sesame Vinegar Sauce. It wasn’t my favourite but it was different to try the first time!
7. Tofu Katsu Curry, voted ‘Best Vegan Curry‘ by PETA, Crispy Tofu with mild curry sauce, spring onions and steamed rice.
8. Vegetable Rainbow Rice, it was so beautiful and colourful and tasted delicious too!
9. Avocado Maki, Sushi Style Rolls
10. Vegetable Yakisoba, Noodles in a tangy sauce served with crunchy fresh veggies and beni shoga.
11. Harusame Aubergine, fried slices of aubergine in a garlic and ginger sesame soy dressing.
12. Edamame Beans, pods sprinkled with salt flakes and spring onions, suck out the beans straight from the pod. AND I WAS EATING THE POD! oh my gosh!!!
13. Miso Soup Unlimited for £2.20 A light and healthy miso broth with wakame, spring onion and tofu.
14. Kaiso Seaweed, marinated mixed seaweed, edamame and carrot in a su-miso dressing.
15. Pumpkin Katsu, naturally sweet, crispy bites of kabocha pumpkin, drizzled with tonkatsu sauce.
16. Vegetable Dumplings also known as Gyoza, crunchy vegetable and soya filled dumplings with soy vinegar dressing.
You can see my reaction and restaurants fails in the video below, I talk about my favourites towards the end so skip to that part if you don’t like watching people eat awkwardly on camera haha.
Lots of love,