Hey lovelies, the weather has been really miserable this week so I decided to bake some cookies and watch movies. These are Vegan and so delicious I followed this recipe step by step from Minimalist Baker she calls hers Breakfast Muffin Oat Cookies. Which is exactly what they are, I got a bit tired of eating oats all the time for breakfast and always fancy having a biscuit with a cup of tea, or grabbing something on the go and these are just the thing! They aren’t very biscuity but they are soft and just the best, I made them yesterday and there are about four left. Whoops!
(Mine is slightly altered to the Minimalist Baker’s)
– 2 Flax ‘Eggs’ = 2 Tbsp of Flax Seed and 5 Tbsp of Water
– 1 Medium Banana, Preferably quite ripe with brown spots so it mashes easily
– 1 Tbsp of Smooth Peanut Butter
– 1 Tbsp of Date Syrup
– 1 Tbsp of Fruit Sugar
– 1/2 Tbsp of Cinnamon
– 1 Scoop of Vanilla Sun warrior Protein Powder
– 2 Tbsp of Melted Coconut Oil
– 1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder
– 1 Cup of Porridge Oats
– 75% Dark Chocolate, I got mine from Tesco’s for £1
– Handful of Fresh Blueberries
(Always follow the step by step instructions instead of
throwing it all in the bowl like I usually do haha)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C).
2. In a large bowl combine the Flaxseed and water and mix well, let it sit for about 3 mins so it becomes quite sticky like an egg texture.
3. Mash up the banana in a separate bowl with a fork, then add to the Flax seed and mix well
4. Add the Peanut Butter, Date Syrup, Fruit Sugar, Melted Coconut Oil and Baking Powder and mix together.
5. Add the Oats to the mixture and then finally the Blueberries and Chocolate pieces
6. Put some foil on a baking tray, and lightly rub some Coconut Oil over, so the cookies don’t stick!
7. Grab a handful and roll into a small ball in your hands and place on tray, gently press down into a biscuit shape, depending on how big you want the cookies to be!
8. Place them in the oven for about 10-15 mins and wait until they have gone brown.
9. Remove with oven gloves, place on a pretty plate and drink with Coconut Milk. Yum!
(Also consume all the next morning, its a must, haha)
Lots of love,